The ultimate empowerment
We believe in the healing power of work.
With our help expanding their skills and confidence, guests often find the transition to self-sufficiency and outside employment easier.
All guests are enrolled in our vocational training program. In addition to learning and doing the daily life skills of running their home, all guests participate in a vocational training unit. Maintenance, Horticulture, Culinary, Retail, Moving and Storage. When not in a work unit they are doing employment search and skills development.
Vocational Training Program
Our multifaceted vocational training program includes:
- Career coaching
- Resume preparation
- GED preparation
- On-campus jobs
- For those capable, job placement assistance on the open market.
Guests can obtain vocational training and experience at a number of our facilities, including:
- Our multi-purpose Moran Center, which provides training in the building rehabilitation and restoration trades through our well-equipped woodshop and metalworking facilities.
- The Mustard Seed Resale Shop, where guests can train in retail positions (customer service, merchandising, pricing, display). Guests and Clubhouse members can also express their creativity in the adjacent Bezalel Arts Studio.
- Anawim Thrift Store. Here, guests learn basic work skills while the community benefits from nominally priced or free household goods and clothing.
- St. Joseph Clubhouse where members and guests can pursue personalized GED training, culinary arts, horticulture and computer skills.
- Dona Marie House, a six-acre farm for Clubhouse members and guests interested in horticulture and animal husbandry.